The history of Bingo game
The game of Bingo originated in Italy during the 1500s, where it was called “Lo Giuoco del Lotto d’Italia” or “the game of lotto of Italy”.
It rapidly became popular throughout Europe under various similar names including French, German (“Lotto” or “Keno”), Dutch (“Banco”), Welsh (“Hittawd”) and Spanish (“Quini”).
Bingo was brought to England soon after by King Henry VIII’s cousin, Margaret of Valois, when she married the king of France. The game spread throughout Europe and came to America in 1777 with English immigrants.
This version of Bingo has seventeen numbered columns (1 through 17) and four corner spaces labeled “FREE”. These free spaces are generally referred to as “Free Space”, “Free Cell”, or simply “Free” on bingo cards. There are also nine other specially designated spaces: three across the top (18-20), three down the left side (37-39) and three down the right side (-70). The numbers in each line are arranged randomly, but there are five uniquely colored balls corresponding to each number.
What is an object of Bingo?
The object of the game is to mark off numbers as they appear in a predetermined pattern. There are many different patterns that can be used, but they all have one thing in common – once a number appears within the pattern, it can’t reappear until every number has been covered or until the pattern changes.
To win at Bingo, you must correctly place your marker over the appropriate space on the card when each ball is called. Once five numbers are marked off in a row for any horizontal, vertical or diagonal line on the card, you have won! The winning patterns include four corners, T-shape and straight across (the “Bingo”).
What are the different kinds of bingo?
As well as standard 90-ball Bingo there are many different variations that these games come in. You may see 80-ball Bingo, 70-ball Bingo, 75-ball Bingo and even 30-ball Bingo being played online, with all offering their own unique rules and twists to how you play along with how much money can be won from any one game.
There are many variants of this game but the main 5 types are:
- Traditional bingo is the most popular form of the game where cards have 24 numbers on them. The first number called will be 1 and then a combination of 2-4 numbers after it until you’ve reached a full line or “house”. The last number called will be 24.
- Speed bingo is very similar to traditional 90-ball bingo, but instead of having 9 different patterns on the card, there are only 3 which speeds up the game play requiring less numbers to be called for a full line. This makes it easier for players who are not as fast at marking their cards off after every ball that is drawn.
- Fixed limit or coverall games have jackpots that grow bigger and bigger until someone wins it by getting a full house across all their lines before any other player does.
- Shared prize games are played with multiple winners so if you have 2 people win on each line then they will each get half of what the total pot was, if 4 people win the same amount of money will be split between them equally.
- The variant which requires special equipment is called a progressive. These types of games typically have the biggest jackpots and require tickets rather than cards to play.
How to play online Bingo
Bingo is a popular game in which players mark off numbers on their cards as the numbers are drawn. Players with five or more matching numbers (or patterns) that were called out then win. When one player has won all of the available money, the game is finished.
Online bingo is played identically to traditional bingo, but instead of marking them off physically, players use software to click pre-assigned spots on their screens. Bingo halls will have a number of bingo machines set up for players to play together.
How do you find an online Bingo site?
There are many different types of online bingo websites where you can play this game. There are even special event days when bonuses are given to players. Some examples of popular bingo sites are:
- 888 Ladies Bingo has a nice loyalty program that earns you points for every dollar you spend on bingo, chat games and instant win games. These can be redeemed for cash vouchers to buy more cards in the future. They also have daily prize giveaways that are only open to members of their VIP club.
- Bet365 Bingo offers both free and real money bingo rooms where you can chat with other players as well as play some instant win games that have really big jackpots. You’ll be able to enjoy many different types of bingo from 90-ball, 80-ball, 75-ball and 30-ball cards for those who prefer old-school style games.
- Tombola Bingo offers the best variety of bingo games out there with everything from 90-ball to 80-ball, 75-ball and even 30 ball bingo. They also offer chat games like Three card poker and progressive jackpot slot game “Go Bananas” where you can win £100 000+.
- Winning Bingo site offers a wide range of online bingo games including 90, 75 and 60-ball. It provides a large selection of bonuses to new players, which includes an initial deposit bonus ranging from 10 to 50%. There is also a loyalty program available for existing players as well as other special events that offer cash prizes.
- Bingo Bay offers a range of different bingo games in denominations starting at five cents. They have up to three grand prize draws every month where $1 million US dollars are given away. The site has many promotions that include free money on certain days, surprise deposits and the option to chat with their live help agents available 24/7.
- Mecca Bingo has a wide variety of games with 90 ball and 75 ball bingo, as well as slots and casino games. They offer daily cash prizes in the form of extra bonuses. There is also a loyalty program that gives players rewards for their play time and purchases, including regular players being entered into prize drawings.
- Moon Bingo is one of the top-rated sites. While they don’t accept US players at this time, we feel they offer the best bonus deals and most exciting game options out of any bingo site we’ve reviewed so far. They offer three types of rooms: free bingo with no deposit required, regular bingo with a $1 minimum buy-in and high roller rooms that have a $25 minimum buy-in.
One such way is to play online bingo for free through signing up with one of the many brands that offer Bingo games. There are free bingo rooms available, where every player who signs up gets their own card and they play in the hope of winning money back when they get a full house. These also help show how the game works before you risk any of your own cash playing for real.